Squid Proxy Autoconfiguration

From: Jason Wang <Jason.Wang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:40:06 -0500

Is there a way to make Squid automatically configure (or serve a config
file to) a client? For example, in Netscape, under the "proxies"
setting,
there is an "Automatic Proxy Configuration" option.

I am trying to mimic one of Netscape's features, which is the ability to
serve the auto-configuration file on the same port as the proxy. I can
point the auto proxy config to:
        http://my.netscape.proxy:8080/
and it will automatically configure the browser according to config file
I specify. Is there similar functionality for Squid?

Thanks,
Jason