incomple files...

From: Roberto Di Chio <dichio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:05:36 +0200

Hi all,

recentely I've added a satellite downstream to my links and,
to use it, I've added a squid to my hierarchy.
The satellite answers to my requests by a proxy server that I
configured as parent in my squid.conf.
Everything works in a perfect way if I use it from a client connected on
the local network, and the proxy serves every kind of file.
If I use the proxy from a client connected via a modem (slow link),
and I ask for a very big file (more than 15 min downloading online),
the parent proxy timeout and the file I receive is truncated.
I was wandering if there is a way to fetch the whole object at the link
speed by proxy (digging in the old messages I found something like
deferred read) and serve it at client speed.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

--
Roberto  Di Chio                                              InMedia Srl
Systems Administrator                                    Via Fanelli, 283