Re: Pulling up instructions for authentication

From: s leonard <ssl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:14:25 -0700

As a sidebar to this thread... perhaps the motivation for this is to provide
the client with some insructions on what to enter in response to the initial
"Username and Password Required" dialog box... (I guess that would be step 4)
below?

I have been looking at how I would go about changing the text of that box, to
include instructions.

Where is the text/code for that dialog box set? So far I have only figured out
how to change the proxy_auth_realm string in squid.conf, which changes that
portion of text displayed,but Is the entire http code for that box available
somehow to be modified???

--
shanna leonard
senior systems programmer