Re: Pulling up instructions for authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:38:00 +0200

s leonard wrote:

> Where is the text/code for that dialog box set? So far I have only figured out
> how to change the proxy_auth_realm string in squid.conf, which changes that
> portion of text displayed,but Is the entire http code for that box available
> somehow to be modified???

It is not. The presentation and user interface of the login request is
entirely up to the user agent (i.e. browser) to decide. Squid can only
provide an descriptive text of the "Access denied, proxy authentication
required" error message and the realm of the authentication, not the
actual login box it self.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker