Re: problem with squid 2.2.s5

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:07:53 +0100

You are correct that the change mentioned below completely disables PASV
for all sites. It is intended when your firewall does not permitt PASV
connections.

Regarding the problem that some FTP sites incorrectly claim that they
support PASV: I have a patch which makes Squid fall back on PORT if it
fails to establish a PASV connection to the server even thoug the FTP
server claims it supports PASV.

See http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/ (look for PASV)

This change will appear in Squid-2.3 if I remember correcly.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker