Re: Progress on SquidFS?

From: Kevin Littlejohn <darius@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:14:00 +1100

>>> Henrik Nordstrom wrote
> Simon Rainey wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knew what stage the implementation of the
> > long-awaited SquidFS is at? I know the 2.3 dev version has a disk API but
> > there doesn't seem to be any sign of a custom FS to make use of it. What
> > are the timescales for beta code?
>
> I am trying to find time to complete some basic changes to the API that
> I need, then I will begin on my SquidFS alternative.
>
> Can't give you a timeplan on when it will result in anything useful. All
> my attempts at making timeplans for this has failed miserably.

That sound familiar ;) I had code that seemed to perform as a basic
filesystem, pre-2.3 re-org, but I ran out of time part-way through re-doing
it's interface to match squid's new one. Likewise, all attempts at
timelining have failed, but the code is there, and should see some more
work before xmas.

KevinL