Re: No hits!!! No SSL! Help, please!

From: Nick Urbanik <nicku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:48:25 +0800

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

Dave J Woolley wrote:

> > Sorry to be so slow, but what should I do with SSL? I would like people
> > on
> > the outside world (outside the firewall) to be able to access our SSL
> > server
> >
> Tunnel it straight through, making sure that the certificate
> uses the same host name as that used to access the site (it
> is possible that some servers will object to certificates
> using their external name if that is not the name by which
> the server knows itself).

Sorry to ask you to spell it out, but how can I do that? Should I use
TIS plug-gw? Or are there any better options?

> The proxy has no visibility of the content of the request.
>
> Squid's normal SSL support requires that the browser know that
> a proxy is in use, although I haven't checked as to whether
> there are some special hacks for port 443 on transparent proxies.
>
> Note that a lot of your misses are status 503 (Service temporarily
> unavailable, e.g. overload) or status 404 (no such object).

Yes, I think that some images were missing from the web server. I guess that
means I should be careful about what I use as the source web pages.

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Electrical & Communications Engineering
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)