Re: No hits!!! No SSL! Help, please!

From: Nick Urbanik <nicku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 13:23:50 +0800

Nick Urbanik wrote:

> > > Sorry to be so slow, but what should I do with SSL? I would like people
> > > on
> > > the outside world (outside the firewall) to be able to access our SSL
> > > server
> > >
> > Tunnel it straight through, making sure that the certificate
> > uses the same host name as that used to access the site (it
> > is possible that some servers will object to certificates
> > using their external name if that is not the name by which
> > the server knows itself).
>
> Sorry to ask you to spell it out, but how can I do that? Should I use
> TIS plug-gw? Or are there any better options?

I mean, the SSL request comes for the squid machine, so should the firewall
somehow pass this on? Or should the squid machine pass it on? But the squid
machine is outside the firewall, so the firewall won't see the request. Sorry
to be so confused, but I guess this is pretty standard, and if someone can
explain in practical terms what I should do, I will be very grateful. Have I
provided enough information for you to understand our situation?

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Electrical & Communications Engineering
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)