Re: Squid going unresponsive

From: Ambrose Li [EDP] <acli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:30:57 -0500

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 10:01:07AM -0500, mjw@nielsenmedia.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the tips. I'm still not sure exactly what was going on.
> After 2 or 3 crashes I reduced the value of cache_mem. It continued to
> crash. Eventually I stopped squid, truncated swap.state and restarted. It
> hasn't crashed since.

You "truncated swap.state"?

Did you also get the "Not enough swap file numbers" "warning" message?

I guess next time I'll try to truncate swap.state instead of running
mkfs on the cache partition; if it works it will definitely be a bug
in squid 2.2.

--
Ambrose C. Li / +1 416 321 0088 / Ming Pao Newspapers (Canada) Ltd.
EDP department / All views expressed here are my own; they may or