RE: Squid going unresponsive

From: <mjw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:39:41 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ambrose Li [EDP] [mailto:acli@mingpaoxpress.com]
>
> You "truncated swap.state"?

I followed the instructions at:

http://squid.nlanr.net/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-7.html#ss7.3

I was grasping at straws and hoping that the continuous crashing and
restarting of Squid had somehow corrupted the cache, or that there was too
much load on Squid while it was trying to verify the cache contents. I'm
not sure if my theory was valid, but it seems to have worked.

> Did you also get the "Not enough swap file numbers" "warning" message?

No. The only warnings I had anywhere were a bunch of "WARNING! Your cache
is running out of filedescriptors".

Mike