Unidentified subject!

From: <Tony_Melia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:34:27 -0600

I'm using squid 2.2 Stable 5 with a MSproxy as the upstream proxy to a
fairly fast net connection. I have the following questions....

        - How do I configure squid to cache ftp objects? The squid
homepage claims to cache ftp and http and other URL's, but in section 12.17
the FAQ seems to indicate that squid doesn't support ftp
caching? maybe I am reading it wrong...

        - I keep getting errors (formatted as coming from the MS proxy
via squid) saying error 502 (bad gateway) also -- software caused the
connection to reset. Hitting 'refresh' on the browser then loads
the page.

        - when listening to realaudio/windows media player, the
connection keeps dieing and the app has to rebuffer. I am presuming this is
a matter of balancing the connection TTL within squid with the
# secs that the audio app is buffering. Has anybody got any
numbers/suggestions known to work?

        - Sometimes squid doesn't load small icons, e.g. the
disk/home/download icons on freshmeat, I hit reload and after 2-3 times they
reload.

Thanks in advance
Tony Melia (MCSE)