Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 18:53:56 +0100

Tony_Melia@Dell.com wrote:

> - How do I configure squid to cache ftp objects? The squid
> homepage claims to cache ftp and http and other URL's, but in
> section 12.17 the FAQ seems to indicate that squid doesn't
> support ftp caching? maybe I am reading it wrong...

You are probably reading it wrong. Squid caches FTP reqest from
web browsers conmfigured to use it as a proxy, but it can't act
as a FTP proxy/cache for FTP clients.

> - I keep getting errors (formatted as coming from the MS proxy
> via squid) saying error 502 (bad gateway) also -- software caused the
> connection to reset. Hitting 'refresh' on the browser then loads
> the page.

Hmm.. if the error pages is from your upstream MS proxy then my bet is
that the error is generated there and not in Squid.. To MS-Proxy Squid
is not much different than any other HTTP client (browser).

> - Sometimes squid doesn't load small icons, e.g. the
> disk/home/download icons on freshmeat, I hit reload and after 2-3
> times they reload.

Probably the same error as above.

--
Henrik Nordstrom