Re: Optimizing squid

From: Panagiotis Malakoudis <pmal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:15:10 +0200

You've just described a router. If you have a hardware router then you must
configure it in a way that the routing protocol (BGP or any other you may be
using) will automatically detect the optimum route. This has nothing to do
with squid because the software operates at the last layer of the OSI
reference modem and the routers operate at the first 3 or 4 layers.
What kind of machine is this "gateway"?

Panagiotis S. Malakoudis

Systems Administrator
SPACE HELLAS S.A.