Parameter "weight" in squid.conf

From: <Bellenberg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:19:28 +0100

Hi Squidies,
i use 2.2STABLE5 and utilise two parent squid caches. One is lame due to
slow LAN connectivity and configured as "parent no-query", the other one is
really fast and is configured as "parent default". [How] do i have to set
the parameter "weight" of option "cache_peer" to distinguish any further
between lame and fast parent? The comment in squid.conf says only this:

# use 'weight=n' to specify a weighted parent.
# The weight must be an integer. The default weight
# is 1, larger weights are favored more.