Delay Pools

From: Panagiotis Malakoudis <pmal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:46:39 +0200

Greetz,

I'm experiencing a problem with delay pools. I am running squid-2.2.STABLE5
with the latest version of slack using 2.2.13
All my policies and restrictions work perfect but when I try to use delay
pools the following problem appears.
My policy says that I have a privileged group that has unlimited file access
(no blockage there) and working under a bucket of 88kbit/sec. I also have
another group that has download restrictions during the working hours and
uses a bucket of 50kbit/sec.
I know that in squid.conf one must give the number of bytes in the
parameters section. The thing is that when I entered 11000 bytes for the
first bucket the trabsfer speed I got inside my LAN was 11kbit/sec. I tryied
putting 90000bytes to see the reaction and what I saw is that the rate was
ranging from 60kbit to 90kbit.
I also double checked the kernel options because the new 2.2.13 kernel has
many new features but came up with nothing.
Any ideas on why this thing happens with delay pools?
Note that without the use of delay pools I get the full available speed of
my ethernet.

Panagiotis S. Malakoudis

Systems Administrator
SPACE HELLAS S.A.