Re: Squid not spreading cache files

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:32:29 -0700

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Steele, David S wrote:

> I'm having a problem with Squid placing files in the cache directories.
> Despite using the default configuration, Squid is placing all of the cache
> files in the first cache directory (/var/spool/squid/00/00, or whatever it
> is). Once there, the files are never found (hit ratio stays at zero).

The distribution of files in the directories is irrelevant to
whether you get cache hits.

Having "all of the cache files in the first cache directory" is to be
expected for the first 256 files or so.

There is some other reason that you get no cache hits. For example,
if you keep pressing the RELOAD button on your browser you would
never get a cache hit.

Duane W.