Re: Squid Caching Methods

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:10:03 -1000

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 01:35:40PM +1100, James Hicks wrote:
> Are there config overrides available for these? I know they'd
> breach this and that but is that really important? Our cache is
> secured as far as I can see, and anyway hacking into a 10 gig list of
> unlabeled files to find the one you want doesn't sound like much fun.

  The issue is not hackers, but Squid deciding, for example, that it
can serve up your private email from a web-mail service to your
archrival in the next office down, because you've told it the "private"
data is cacheable.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.