Re: Performance tuning

From: Matija Grabnar <Matija.Grabnar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:10:18 +0100

> 1. What is a recommended cache size to gain best performance? is =
> there a size where you stop getting any performance gain or is it simply =
> the bigger the better?

I did some measurements a while ago: I increased cache size, while watching
hit rate and LRU object age in squid. My conclusion was that once the
LRU age hit about one week, adding more space to cache did not significantly
increase the hit rate. Not that the Squid documentation recommends caches
maintain at least 3 days LRU age.

--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important