missing cachemgr CGI stats

From: Harry Reynolds <h.reynolds@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:15:21 -0800

Hey all,

I am using "squid-2.2.STABLE4-8" which was obtained in RPM binary format
from the redhat FTP site. It is up and running, but I can not access the
cache manager stats. I have read the FAQ, etc., and my problem seems
unique so I thought I would try this forum.

I have opened both the squid and HTTPD ACLs to the world, and I can connect
to the cache manager URL, I.e.,
http://nat/10.0.1.200/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi/. However, when I hit the
continue button on the cache manager interface form I get a "404, file not
found" error. I have tried several combinations of manager names and
passwords (though my squid.conf should be set for no passwords required and
the FAQ indicates the name is for logging and is only used when a password
is provided). Under "Why does it say I need a password..", the FAQ
indicates a a drop down list; I have yet to get this far.

This does not seem to be an authentication/access issue so much as a
missing set of CGI stats????

There are no errors reported in the "cache.log"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

/HRR
Harry Richard Reynolds