Re: Growing squid, fd_table error and slow storage rebuilding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 23:20:42 +0100

Joerg Oertel wrote:

> The squid is growing permanently, slowly during low traffic times,
> about 3 to 4 MB per hour during working hours.

> Does anybody know if this is a normal behaviour or is something
> going nuts here?

Not normal, unless your cache is also growing rapidly.

Any hints in Squid cachemgr memory output?

> Second, we found following error message in cache.log:
>
> comm_write: fd_table[143].rwstate != NULL

No clue.

> Oh yes, and before I forget: Our squid's rebuilding it's storage
> at every time:

Are you letting it shut down properly?

see cache.log, squid writes to it both when it starts and when it exits,
if you don't have a exit message immediately prior to the next startup
message then it wasn't brought down properly.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker