Peers don't work ?

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Nov 1999 17:12:11 GMT

I recently had a look at the cache manager output for my squid, which
I hadn't done for way to long. Squid-2.2STABLE5.

If I restart squid, the "peer cache statistics" seem to work OK for
some time, and then LAST QUERY and LAST REPLY jump to a very big
number and the other output doesn't make sense anymore either.

Looks like this:

Sibling : toutatis.xs4all.nl/8080/3130
Flags : no-digest
Address[0] : 194.109.6.90
Address[1] : 194.109.6.96
AVG RTT : 0 msec
LAST QUERY : 943808872 seconds ago
LAST REPLY : 943808872 seconds ago
PINGS SENT : 0
PINGS ACKED: 0 0%
FETCHES : 0 0%
IGNORED : 0 0%
Histogram of PINGS ACKED:
keep-alive ratio: 0%

Squid has only been running for an hour or so, not 943808872
seconds. OTOH, 943808872 looks a lot like a time_t:

% perl -e 'print scalar localtime 943808872, "\n";'
Sun Nov 28 18:07:52 1999

Is this a known bug? I didn't find any mention of this on the current
STABLE5 bug list (I did apply all patches there).

Mike.

--
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)