Re: Peers don't work ?

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Nov 1999 21:59:03 GMT

In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.96.991128224518.4331A-100000@cal026031.student.utwente.nl>,
Mark Visser <mark@cal026031.student.utwente.nl> wrote:
>> I recently had a look at the cache manager output for my squid, which
>> I hadn't done for way to long. Squid-2.2STABLE5.
>>
>> If I restart squid, the "peer cache statistics" seem to work OK for
>> some time, and then LAST QUERY and LAST REPLY jump to a very big
>> number and the other output doesn't make sense anymore either.

I found out why this is. At startup, all peers are dead. Then after
some time all peers are _reported_ to be alive for a certain period.
Then they are dead again.

It has to do with something that I traced back to neighbors.c, and
then I found out what caused it: I never queried any neighbors at all.

>Hmm..je config is fout dan ;)
>Guess more a config bugje...Have seen it a few times before.

Indeed, I had an "always_direct allow cisnet" where "cisnet" is
my local network .. but ofcourse you need to define that as
a "dst" ACL, not a "src" ACL :/

The output from "peer cache statistics" could be improved though;
if it had told me none of the peers were ever queried I would have
found the solution a lot earlier.

Mike.

--
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)