expiry and ims question

From: <dean.scothern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:24:54 +0000

Hello,

I'm having a problem understanding how squid interacts with a web server (in
this case apache 1.3.9) and solving a file update problem:

1) I create a file on the server eg aazz.ppt or bbtz.exe (size 46k)
2) I use wget to fetch it via squid.
3) I modify it (size 75k)
3) I get it again using wget.

Well it doesn't always update correctly and I'm pulling my hair out to work out
why.
Basically it takes a while to update, usually a few minutes, but sometimes
never.
After I've done this a few times it tends to settle down and updates work fine.
I don't want to go trolling through my squid deleting files so what can I do?

I thought that this sort of thing was automatic, and that squid does a ims check
with the web server.

The squid cache has one sibling for the domain, is this important?.

Please help.

2.2STABLE4

Regards

Dino