please help!

From: M. Richardson <mikerich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:28:49 +1000

Hi there, thanks for reading...

    I'm running Squid 2.1 Patch 2 on a Debian system. This machine was recently rebooted without unmounting the hard disks and squid has been having problems since.

    What actually happens is that the RunCache process will die after about 30 - 120 minutes of activity, but the 'squid -D -sNY' process will stay active... making the proxy server online, but incredibly slow, often causing timeouts.

    I've tried debugging... and I get the error message 'FATAL: could not find or read error text file'

    I've searched every where I could to try and find this file, or any reference to it in squid.conf.

    Also, is there a way I can find out what configuration squid is using by default... as there are several on this system and I could easily be editing the wrong one.

Thankyou in advance,

Michael.