WCCP

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:24:06 -0500

Hello,

I have an experimental Squid box (2.2S5) and I was looking into trying
out WCCP with my Cisco router. I am going to get some spare ethernet
ports for my router, so I thought I could plug a reverse cable from the
router to the squid box. My questions are:

- is it worth it? Does anybody see an improvement/advantage of using
WCCP?
- is it fault tolerant? If squid crashes, if the box crashes, does it
go DIRECT?

Squid box is PIII-500 with 512Mb RAM, 18GIG Ultra2-LVD. Router is 3640
IOS 12.0.5T2 with 80Mb RAM.

Thanks in advance,

Chris