Cacheing of FTP Method Objects

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 05:53:29 -0800 (PST)

As a result of the latest viris threat that has arisen, I was checking the
logs and noticed that the Symantec LiveUpdate requests were being
processed by Squid but were not being cached as I had expected. The
objects are being removed from the cache as soon as the object is
delivered to the target system.

Can someone provide an insight as to why the objects are being removed as
soon as delivery to the target system completes? This is one instance
where its extremely desirable to have the object in cache and delivered
locally.

I'm using Squid 1.1.22 at the moment. The shift to the latest version of
Squid is pending installation of new hardware.

                             Merton Campbell Crockett
| Manager, Network Operations & Services | Chief Network/Security Engineer |
| General Dynamics Electronic Systems | Naval Surface Warfare Center |
| Intelligence Systems Organization | Port Hueneme Division |
| Thousand Oaks, CA | Port Hueneme, CA |