Re: icp reply

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:13:52 +0100

Thomas Wahyudi wrote:

> >ICP_MISS_NOFETCH is "I do not have the object you requested, and please
> >do NOT try to get it from me". This is mostly used during restart to
> >avoid having child caches jump on to the parent while it is starting up.
>
> oh, thx, but my squid box already running for more than 1 day,
> and I still get those messages, can you point me where i must check again ?

In total there are three cases where ICP_MISS_NOFETCH is returned:

1. Squid is starting up and the -Y command line option was used.

2. The failure rate is to high, causing Squid to go into hit-only mode
for 5 minutes (logged in cache.log when it happens)

3. Squid is configured to test reachability (test_reachability option in
squid.conf) and it can't (or do not yet know how to) reach the
destination.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker