Re: Proxy Message.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:33:31 +0100

Marcelo Carneiro Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> my squid proxy, is configured to send many set of messages when an
> user try to access a denied site or service. But the squid proxy add
> this message at the and of my configured messages:
>
> Generated Fri, 03 Dec 1999 12:56:31 GMT by proxy.tse.gov.br
> (Squid/2.2.STABLE5)
>
> and i want to remove this part os this message > (Squid/2.2.STABLE5) < .
>
> How can i do this ?

Squid requires it's name and version number to be included in the error
message. If you do not want it to be shown to the end user then add it
inside a comment

<!-- %s -->

If the error page does not include %s for the Squid version, then Squid
automatically adds the follwing signature at the bottom of the page:

--- cut here ---
<hr noshade size=1>
Generated %t by %h (%s)
</BODY></HTML>
--- cut here ---

Note: this is the current signature, In squid-2.2 the version is
hyperlinked to http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/. The hyperlink has been
removed as a number of end-users got confused by it.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker