Re: delay pools and cachemgr

From: <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:14:58 +1100

> Sorry for repeating this question.... But when I post message DavidL changes
> in this moment his
> location:)))
>
> What mean - in current state in delay pools levels? Big overrun or ...?
>
> Pool: 1
> Class: 1
>
> Aggregate:
> Max: 8000
> Restore: 8000
> >>????>>> Current: -18

OK, negative values mean the pool is currently being delayed. Due to the way
squid works, if a pool has 19 active clients and a balance of 1 byte, it will
select all these clients for reading. Then, when it reads from the clients,
it will never ask for less than 1 byte, so it would read 1 byte from each
client connection. Hence the balance can be negative. If the balance is
zero or negative, requests are at this instant not being selected for reading.

David.

--
David Luyer                           . .           www.zipworld.net
Network Engineer                    .  zipworld         Zip World is