Re: "Out of inodes" on Solaris

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 01:48:26 +0100

Squid-2.2 uses quite a bit of inodes

As a rule of thumb, make sure the partition has at least
   cache_dir size * 2 / store_avg_object_size
inodes. Preferably a bit more.

You can half the requirement by patching Squid to revert back to using
unlink rather than truncate when releasing contents from it's on-disk
cache. One-line patch available from my Squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>, or edit src/defines.h by hand.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker