PAM authenticator II

From: Danny Kruitbosch <Danny.Kruitbosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:13:15 +0100

Hi all,

I'm still having trouble with the PAM authenticator for squid on Sun
Solaris.

These are my findings so far:

I was able to compile the pam_auth module on Solaris (using GCC) but when I
try to compile I get the following message:
pam_auth-1.1.c:93: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

The pam_auth file is compiled though.

When I run the pam_auth module I get the following:

ERROR: No password available to password_converstation!
ERR

Maybe this has something to do with the compile error?

When I compile the module on RH6.0 I get no errors, but when I test it the
module only returns ERR and never OK.

I made my /etc/pam.d/squid (on RH) and my /etc/pam.conf (Solaris).

Questions:

Does anyone have the pam_auth running on Solaris? If yes, please tell me how
you did it.
Does Squid have to be running for the module to work (for testing the
module) or does it only check the pam.conf file (or pam.d/squid)?

Danny