Re: Squid Running

From: CarolB <edluzen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:58:29 -0500

> err, dunno whether this will help.
> 1)what is the options that you pass to squid? I use "sNY"
> 2)try to run an error-free one from command prompt and then compare with
> RunCache
> 3)wanna check the file permissions

> before you do all this, can kill all existing squid process.

> hope this helps.
> sikee

Well ... how about, I used Linuxconf to run squid. It (Linuxconf) wanted to
help, and I thought I would try it. But previously I was using squid start.
I hadn't configured the acl properly, so it never allowed the windows
systems access, and when I revised the squid.conf, I was also checking some
other options in Linuxconf, and I saw Squid there ... I will try looking to
see where squid is actually invoked.

Mentioning RunCache brings up a previous issue. Is that something I can
invoke after squid starts, as the original FAQ suggested using it to start
squid, but I can't do that.

What should I check the file permissions for? (sorry, but this is really my
first experience with linux, and all you experienced users know these
obvious things, but coming from the windows world, sometimes I don't have a
clue.)