Squid has strange behavior with URL

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:12:11 -0600 (CST)

I am running:

Squid 2.2.STABLE4 on Redhat Linux 6.1 (intel)

If I shutdown squid, and retrieve the URL:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/ecompull/dl/VSC/ENG/UPGRADE403.exe

its about a 10MB file.

If I start squid with a freshly formatted spool, and freshly initialized
cache structure (squid -z), it downloads that url as a 163k file, which is
incomplete.

Can someone else try that url and see what you get?

Its very odd, I can wipe out squids cache completely, and yet when i try
to get the file via squid (transparently layer 4 switched to squid), it
thinks its 163k, and it comes back a a corrupted download.

Without squid, its 10MB file.

Brian Feeny (BF304) signal@shreve.net
318-222-2638 x 109 http://www.shreve.net/~signal
Network Administrator ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)