Re: Configuring Squid 1.1.22 For Use With MSN Messenger / MS Netmeeting

From: Shaun Mumford <smumford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:21:32 +0200

The squid version was installed by my ISP, probably because of support and
stability reasons.

I know it's not a firewall, but Messenger requires a setting to specify a
proxy
and then a SOCKS setting. I have tried leaving out the proxy which should work

with a transparant proxy server which I assume squid is, but the help says
'make sure that outgoing TCP Port 1863 is open.' and I am not sure how to
do that. You then specify no proxy in use.

--
            Shaun
Shaun Mumford                             Tel  + 263 4 883885