Authentication thru proxy

From: Sam Silvester <silvester@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Dec 1999 18:50:13 -0800

Hello,
     I am having trouble with a VPN that uses some form of authentication on the main proxy. I am trying to set up a local proxy, but when I did this I couldn't log on anymore. A friend suggested using transparent proxying but I have no idea what he is on about.
    As long as I don't use the new proxy, everything works.
    When I has Apache with mod_proxy, the authentication failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do or read?

Thanks,
Sam Silvester.