Re: installing squid 2.2

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:43:42 +0000

Erik Voelker wrote:

> I am currently running squid version 1.1.9. I noticed on the FAQ that I
> cannot use my current squid.conf file or my old cache files...
> What is the best procedure to get this version up to 2.2?
>
> Thanks,
> Erik Voelker
> evoelker@giv.com

IMO:

1) Remove your cache.
2) Put your old 1.1.9 squid.conf away safely somewhere.
3) Install 2.2
4) Configure it from the default squid.conf.

You can check back against your old one, but should be aware that the
behaviour or syntax of many directives has altered, and trying to
convert the old one to the new format will almost certainly cause you
many more headaches than configuring up a new one from the default.