Re: n2h2 Proxy look-a-like

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:54:56 +0000

Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> I know this is a little out of topic, but if anyone can give me an answer
> its this group. :-)
>
> Anyway, my company currently has a proxy farm setup for various functions.
> They are currently using Bess-Proxy (n2h2) as the solution. The main
> function aside from being a proxy, it is that it limits the user from
> viewing adult-related material on the net. The list of prohibited sites is
> updated daily/weekly by n2h2.
>
> Does anyone know of another solution that we can use? I've setup a
> comparaive sytem using RedHat Linux, and squid... the only function I am
> missing is the "adult-check" list. I need this to be semi-automatic since we
> really can't put too many hours into the administration of these boxes.
>
> Aram

Bess/n2h2 seems to be pretty much the current holy-grail for this sort
of thing, I understand. You are more or less correct, though...the
technology to do it is quite simple. The value is in the list.
Presumably there are other lists you can buy...unless it's the cost to
which you're objecting, in which case, you're probably out of luck.