Re: anonymize_header option

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:00:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Christian Rost wrote:

]1) how to set up the anonymize_header option and where to check if it works as
] intended. The manual is missing such a topic (or I didn't find it yet)

Use the "client" program to test your anonymizer. You can use the HEAD
method instead of GET in order to just look at the headers.

]2) some experiences regarding settings in squid.conf. I can use the try and
] error thing [..]

Follow the comments in squid.conf. That is part of the best manual. Worst
Catches is usually the ACL setup. Remember that the ACL definition line
uses OR logic, and the lines using the ACL use AND logic.

<german>
Für die DFN Caches - leider nicht rocon.de, aber DPN hat auch Caches -
gibt es eine Anleitung zur Konfiguration der 1st level caches unter
http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/DFN-Caches/Squid2-Conf.html
</german>

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726