Squid https accel + Apache

From: Chris Ison <ceison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 03:27:39 +0000

I have squid (2.2.stable5) and apache (1.3.9) on the same machine. I am
using squid as a caching proxy for all http/ftp traffic (and using an
upstream proxy as its parent).

I tried to set squid's httpd_accel with the result being a forwarding
loop no matter what I did.

I have tried a different combonation of apache ports and ip's including
127.0.0.1
I also tried different acl's and setting up the httpd_accel var's in
squid.conf appropriatly.

I also tried differenet suggestions in the FAQ.

please refer to my previous email "bug or missconfiguration" for details

I also noted no matter what port apache was on, even though
httpd_accel_host and httpd_accel_port pointed to it correctly and that
squid and apache was on different ports .. squid would still refer to
port 80 which is where I have it setup instead of port 81 which is
causing the forwarding loop.

please how can I stop this and still have squid running as the
httpd_accel without having ppl access the apache directly.

Yours Sincerely
Chris Ison