Re: Weird response from squid

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:46:47 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Jay Wilson wrote:

]My squid is working great, with no problems so far, but when I try to rotate
]the logs or even do a -k check, it says the process is not running. I can do
]a ps aux and see the squid process, and I can see a lot of activity in the
]access.log.
]Anybody seen this before??

Yes, there is the wrong PID in your squid.pid file. Check your
configuration for the place of the pid file, check your process table for
the correct squid pid, and place the correct pid into the pid file. Since
I use a slightly different startup than the recommended, I cannot tell you
which one of the two running processes called squid is the correct one.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726