Re: Linux and Squid :

From: Andreas Skilitsis <macstar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:51:58 +0200

>> - What about the 'volumes' I've read something about mount a
>> EXT2FS with a certain parameter 'no wait-time' of something ?
>> Can someone enlighten me on this one ??
>
>noatime
>
>Filesystems are usually mounted thru /etc/fstab. One of the columns in
>fstab is the mount options to use (usually says only default). Put
>noatime there and remount your cache partition.

You mentioned this... as a reply to someone. I'm using pretty much
the same system... so I was wondering what this does and if I should
do it too...

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

___
Andreas Skilitsis
macstar@avalon.gr

___
- How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
- None. They just redefine darkness as the standard.
___