Re: Have any method to let FreeBSD with Squid 2.2STABLE5 support unde rscores?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:21:04 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> ¤ý²Ð¦t wrote:
> >
> > Dear All:
> > As i know , we can patch squid to support underscores!!but FreeBSD seems
> > not support underscores URL.
> > Recently, we find getting more and more web site using underscores URL, and
> > our clients complaint us ,they can not access those web site (becuase we use
> > Transprancy proxy,our clients can not disable proxy)...
> >
> > Have any idea to resolve this problem??
>
> Compile Squid with another resolver librarby capable of resolving
> underscores.

Uuuhm, since when did underscores become legal in DNS-land? Or are
some administrators of DNS servers just showing their ignorance? And
why are they running DNS servers that allow that kind of brokenness at
all?

A MUCH better solution to the problem would be to whack the maintainer
of the rogue domain with a hefty Clue-By-Four or a large-print,
hard-bound version of RFC1035.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
   to take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]