Configuring Cache Manager - HELP!

From: Adam Pearse <adam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:11:27 -0700

I have configured Cache Manager (cachemgr.cgi) to work through our Apache
(Redhat 6.0 box) box according to section 9 of the Squid FAQ. Unfortunately,
it is not working for me. I get 404 Not found "The requested URL
/Squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi was not found on this server." when I try
connecting to it via http://grandsquid/Squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
<http://grandsquid/Squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi> . Now a couple of things to
note, squid also runs on the same box at port and I have the web server
running on port 3000. The only thing that is different in my configuration
compared to the instructions in section 9, is the location of cachemgr.cgi.
On my box it is located in /usr/lib/squid and NOT in
/usr/local/squid/cgi-bin/ but I can not imagine this being the problem. I
double and triple checked srm.conf and access.conf for Apache and the
squid.conf for Squid and all looks fine. Anyone have suggestions?