High traffic squid testing

From: Jimi <jedwards@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:12:18 -0800

I was wondering what people use for testing their squid environments before
implementing them. I was thinking of writing something on a fake "server"
that would randomly generate web pages, and something to run on a client
machine, simulating requests to it. I figure there must already be tools
to do this, but I don't know for sure. Doing web searches has revealed
some commercial windows packages, but nothing for Linux. Maybe I'll write
something anyway, it will be fun...but it wouldn't hurt to run more than
one type of test.

-James