wccp with a L4 switch

From: Sandra Jaque <sjaque@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 17:42:35 -0600

Hello!!

Iīm evaluating a cache server solution, and I was trying squid in a linux box with wccp in a 7200 router working quite well, but how wccp v1.0 talk with just one squid box at a time I was wondering what happend if I put a L4 switch to load balance between more than one squid box (one of them talking wccp and having a hierarchy relation with the other squid box) should this work fine?, my doubt is because of the GRE encapsulation, I donīt know if the switch should be able to send the traffic to the squid boxes based on the http port?. Unfortunatly I donīt have the linux box now so I can test it..

Thanks
Sandra