Re: Do I have to use the Squid cache?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:28:10 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Steve Cody wrote:

> I am looking for a good PROXY server. I have been told that Squid is
> good for this. It is also a great caching proxy server. I have no
> desire to use the caching features of Squid. I just want to provide
> access to the Internet for my users via a proxy server. I want them
> to have to enter a username and password prior to browsing the
> Internet. I also want to be able to log Internet activity by
> username, and by computer.

Squid can proxy requests without caching, simply by specifying in the
configuration file that you wish not to cache any URLs (see the 'no_cache'
directive). You can still use all its other features, such as
authentication.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781