Re: Have any hinet or rules to prevent loading old webpage ??

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 11:17:26 +0100

¤ý²Ð¦t wrote:

> Becase our company serve large squid cache system. Recently, they
> complaint about when they update their web page(we also have free
> web hosting) or other free web hosting site (geocities, tripod..),
> their web page seems can not update immediately.

Sounds like you are running a "transparent" proxy and your users are
using Microsoft IE. The reload button in IE only tells "external" caches
to reload their content if the browser is configured to use a proxy
(else it assumes there is no cache in between itself and the origin
server).

The best "workaround" is to have the user configure their proxy
settings. It may also work if they upgrade IE to the latest&greatest
version which is said to support transparent proxies.

Using Netscape should also work fine (all versions).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker