Have any hinet or rules to prevent loading old webpage ??

From: ¤ý²Ð¦t <starry_wang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:15:21 +0800

Dear All:
 Becase our company serve large squid cache system. Recently, they complaint
about when they update their web page(we also have free web hosting) or
other free web hosting site (geocities, tripod..) , their web page seems can
not update immediately. They have to wait two or three days later to see
their update web page.

        We thought this problem is caused by our squid cache system. So
could someone plase give our some advise to prevent this annoying problem.
        As I know , can we use
1. refresh_pattern to fix this problem? If we could use this , how to setup
this parameter to let our user can see their update page as soon as possible
?
Have any hints or rules to follow ?
2. Further, Have any methods to prevent loading old web page in client side?
Does IE and Netscape have any options to request newer page from proxy ?

Thanks