Re: purge file from Cache , I

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:33:48 -1000

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 09:35:06AM -0800, Ramesh Veemaraj wrote:
> so as i read in the FAQ regarding purge of cache files
>
> i used the following command
>

> $ ./client -m PURGE http://www.sample.com/
>
> so in the output it says code 200 Ok but
> later all the associated pages in item 2,3 and 4th page
> are still available in the cache.

  Unfortunately the PURGE method only works by exact match of a URL.

> my intension is when i use the above client command
> giving only the http://www.sample.com/ it should delete
> all the associated files. but that is not the case
> i have to issue client -m PURGE individually do delete
> all the files. so is there any option to do that of can
> you make sure whether squid has this facility.

  No, there isn't.

  Sometime in the coming month I should have a Perl script working that
handles this kind of thing by reading the squid.conf file, walking
through the directories for all the cache systems listed there, finding
all the URLs for a domain, and issuing purges for them. It's a pain,
but right now that's the only solution I'm aware of.

  A PURGE_REGEX method built into Squid would be mega-cool, but I am
not comfortable hacking into the Squid internals. (Yet?)
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.