Re: purge file from Cache , I

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 00:08:33 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:
> A PURGE_REGEX method built into Squid would be mega-cool, but I am
> not comfortable hacking into the Squid internals. (Yet?)

Might just as well be done in a external program. Squid does not keep a
memory of all URLs in the cache (only MD5 fingerprints), so Squid has to
open each object to find the URL, much like your perl program.

There already exists a program for searching the cache.. unfortunately I
have misplaced where it is. Perhaps someone else remember where it is?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker